Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Music 101


Now for those of you who are new to me I'm what you might call a musical snob.  So every now and then I might go off on sanctimonious tirades on several types of Rock Music ala Lester Bangs.  But by all means dispute my reccomendations.  Here are several bunch of tracks that I've had on repeat on my wayward musical contraption. Now I know every rocker and there momma likes to name drop Bob Dylan when it comes to song writing etc.  And there are some who oppose his right in musical history  (the few with horrible taste still waiting for another decent Eddie Money record.)  I respectfully disagree, the man was the king and godfather of blue eyed country funk something you'd might think was an oxymoron.  But yes Country begets blues and blues begets Funk, so every now and then you get some Country funk, and Bobby was the king!  (and if he wasn't name me someone who was better) Current tracks that have been on repeat is Visions of Johanna.  That and Days of 49 have got to be some of Dylan's funkiest songs.  My Funkateers, if your craving some stank goodness and your tired of spinning Bootsy and George Clinton,  Give Dylan a Spin because you will not be disappointed.  Blonde on Blonde is a Must!  I also Recommend Hall & Oats, Elvis Costello and Burt Bacharratt, but you might not be ready for that level.  But seriously check out Days of 49 and Visions of Johanna by Bob Dylan.  

Next 
one of my favorite movies is High Fidelity, and if you haven't seen it, and you claim you know music,
 YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT!  Seriously you don't.  The high Fidelity Soundtrack is a gold mine in itself.  Its also the movie where I first found out about The Beta Band,  a brilliant band who encompass a weird mix of new style trip hop and old 60's psychedelica.  The song in particular is Dry The Rain which was featured in High fidelity.  You play the song you swear it was from the 60's and not the 90's 
Check out the scene
Awesome song, def check out their 3 Lp's
And last but not Least is D'angelos renditions of Cruisin, Originally sung by Smokey and the miracles ( a great rendition on its own
I'm still waiting for the new D'angelo album, But I hear he's gone Reefer Crazy and gained 200 LBs
so who knows when thats coming
Till then Enjoy this
param>param>param>src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_N-8LJEamiA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">

In regards of my personal Stuff I might actually be making progress soon,
Peace


No comments:

Post a Comment