Monday, January 12, 2009


The world seems to melt away after you've just ran 10 miles in New York's freezing cold weather. Right now I can feel every ounce of my soul coursing through the syrupy sinews of my flesh. Agitated yet enlightened, mixing with cosmic mix of endorphins and adrenalin that cools the stinging pain that vibrates through my thighs. Right now as Midnight draws near, and the january stars are forever reverent in the air, my mind cascades with the fallen memories of lost loves too forlorn; Despite the miracle of time, I've barely made up for the sins that are ingrained in my subconscious. For right now my heart is transperent like a clear window peaking into the decaying remnants of a lost Atlanist, retaining the shadow of my former self, still stifled and poisoned with half a decades worth of alcohol and mescaline. Entering this midnight hour, where childish squabbles become the incadecent musings of lovers in heat, I realize no beauty nor lustful dame can ever tempt me again. I... and I alone am the only one able to calm the passionate embers that have fermented since my conception. For I've awaken from a year long slumber in the hollow crypts of 5th avenue, and i am still breathing. Never tired, Never scared, stranded alone, listening to the heartbeat of a sleeping city, on the roof tops of my home. Dreaming a million different dreams.
And though all these occurences and observations fill me up before midnight, I know once the clock strikes twelve, I'll still be thinking of you
and I don't know why...
I guess to quote Whitman, "As if a Shadow Carress'd me"
Maybe I'm an asshole....
Why the fuck did I just spew that out here...

No comments:

Post a Comment